The wonderful part about Eggplant Cannelloni with Caramelized Onion Bechamel is that it is versatile and hearty. It is a wonderful base for any dish and the texture adds so much to a meal. This recipe for Eggplant Cannelloni with Caramelized Onion Bechamely flavor, then try this meal. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 eggplant
- 0.5 kilograms veal mince (and pork)
- 200 grams squash
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- sauce (prepared white)
- onions (caramelized)
- grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- Cut each eggplant into about 8 thin slices.
- Reserve two eggplant ends to make the meat sauce.
- Place sliced eggplant on a rack set over a baking tray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes to release liquid.
- For the cannelloni filling, heat oil in a skillet and sauté finely chopped eggplant ends with squash over low heat.
- Add meat to pan and fry. Season with salt and pepper and add tomato sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Fill each slice of eggplant with meat stuffing and roll up in a cylinder, like cannelloni.
- Add 2 tablespoons caramelized onions to white sauce and mix well.
- Place cannelloni on a baking sheet, cover with white sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220°C (approximately 425°F) for 15 minutes.