Small eggplants are stuffed with a flavorful mixture, topped with two types of cheese and oven-baked.
- 1,600 grams eggplants (4 small eggplants)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (1 + 1 + ½ + ½ + 1)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 200 grams shallots (cut into thin slices)
- 300 grams cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 200 grams canned tuna (drained)
- 100 grams capers (washed, drained)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 100 grams mozzarella (grated)
- 20 grams grana padano cheese (grated)
- 30 grams breadcrumbs
- Slice each eggplant in half lengthwise. With a spoon remove the flesh from the center of the eggplant halves, leaving a ¼ inch rim around each. Reserve 100 g of the scooped flesh.
- Place the scooped out eggplant halves on a large baking sheet lined with silicone or parchment paper. Grease them with olive oil (1 tablespoon), inside and outside, season with sea salt. Bake in the oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Chop in a food processor 100 g of the scooped out eggplant flesh and sauté for 5-7 minutes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, until tender. If necessary, add a little water. Set aside.
- Sauté shallots for 4 -5 minutes in ½ tablespoons of olive oil until soft and golden-brown in color. Stir into the tuna mixture.
- Sauté cherry tomatoes in ½ tablespoon olive oil in another skillet for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Mix and combine chopped eggplant flesh, cherry tomatoes, fried shallots, tuna, capers, salt, pepper, basil and tomato puree.
- Stuff evenly the scooped out eggplant halves with the tuna mixture. Top with grated mozzarella, then Grana Padano and finally breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
|Calories800Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.