- 12 slices ham (deli,, 1-ounce)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (1 percent low-fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen spinach (chopped and thawed)
- 1 cup swiss cheese (reduced-fat, marked with 2% milk, finely shredded or finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat six 6- or 8-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and black pepper. Set aside.
- Lay one slice ham in each of the ramekins, and then lay another slice crosswise so that the ham covers the bottoms and the sides of the custard cups. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Squeeze the spinach well to remove excess moisture divide equally and place in the center of each ramekin. Pour eggs and milk mixture into each ramekin, dividing equally. Sprinkle equal amounts of Swiss cheese on top of each.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Lightly lay piece of foil over the ramekins to prevent the ham from overbrowning. Continue baking for 8-10 minutes more or until instant-read thermometer inserted in egg custard mixture reads 160 degrees F. Remove from oven and allow to rest in ramekins for 5 minutes before eating. If desire, remove from ramekins and transfer to plates for serving.