This is often the case when the kids get out of a long day of school and on the hunt for something to eat. This Egg Spaetzle with Speck and Blue Cheese Sauce recipe is the perfect ticket to keep your kids eating healthy but giving them the flavor they are looking for. Let us know about your experience cooking this Egg Spaetzle with Speck and Blue Cheese Sauce recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 450 grams flour
- 4 eggs
- 70 milliliters water (approximately)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced very thinly)
- 150 grams speck (cut into very small cubes)
- 200 grams sour cream
- 250 grams blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- milk (as needed)
- ground nutmeg
- grated parmesan cheese
- Place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the center and add the eggs, a pinch of salt, and the water.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth and uniform in consistency, the mixture should fall off a wooden spoon in large drops.
- Bring a stockpot full of water to a boil and using a spaetzle maker, drop the spaetzle directly into the boiling water.
- Once the spaetzle come to surface, wait two minutes then drain them with a skimmer.
- Place the blue cheese in a small saucepan with 1/2 cup of milk, the sour cream, and a pinch of nutmeg.
- In the meantime, in a large non-stick pan, melt the butter, add the onion and the speck, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the spaetzle and the blue cheese cream to the pan, stirring carefully to coat the spaetzle, cook for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
PER SERVING *
|Calories880Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.