- 14 hard boiled eggs (peeled)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 red onion (small, peeled)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup curry mayonnaise
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place eggs in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the onion and celery into the chopper attachment bowl fitted with the blade of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® Cordless Hand Blender. Chop at speed 4 for 3 seconds or until onion and celery are small diced. Add to eggs.
- Using 2 knives or a fork, lightly mash up the eggs with the onion and celery until eggs are rough chopped.
- Gently fold in the dijon, curry mayonnaise, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Insert the multi-purpose blade into the motor body of hand blender. Place all ingredients into the blending jar and set the blade directly onto the bottom of the jar. Blend on speed 5, without lifting up, until ingredients begin to emulsify and thicken. As they begin to thicken, slowly pull up towards the top to incorporate all ingredients. Use in egg salad recipe or on sandwiches as desired.
- Tip: For an appetizer twist, serve egg salad on crostini with a slice of chive on top.
- Tip: To kick up the heat of the mayonnaise, add an extra 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the sauce.