Recipe taken from the amazing Sharmis Passions website. (http://www.sharmispassions.com)
Notes: You can even crack the eggs and add it along with veggies but it tends to stick...so I prefer this method.You can choose between the two as per your preference. Don't skip spring onions as gives a good amount of chinese flavour to the fried rice. Chopping the veggies very fine helps in cooking faster. Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell. I soaked the basmati rice for 15 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 4 whistles in medium low flame. Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins. Dont add more soya sauce than mentioned amount else your fried rice color will be on the darker side also soya sauce will be over powerful.
- Rinse rice and pressure cook it with required water till rice grain is separated...Fluff it off with a fork add some olive oil, keep aside.Chop and keep all the veggies ready.Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and spring onions white part,fry till its starts browning.
- Then add onions and fry till golden brown then add carrots, beans and cabbage and saute till they shrink and raw smell leaves. Add capsicum saute with the veggies for 2mins.
- Then add soya sauce - and saute in high flame for 2mins stirring continuously. Keep in sim and then add green chilli sauce, pepper powder,ajino motto(if you are using)and required salt.Keep stirring continuously for few mins till the veggies are well blended with the sauces.
- Then add the cooked rice and mix well.Garnish with spring onions.
- Scramble the eggs with a tsp of oil and add it to fried rice along with spring onions and give a quick stir until well combined. Switch it off.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories580Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.