This recipe includes a neat trick for cooking eggs that will be added to the salad, rather than the more typical poached or fried eggs that are plopped on top. Instead, you light beat the eggs with a bit of water until frothy, as you might when scrambling them, and then season with chopped chilie ppper and fresh chives, and then cook them like pancakes, adding the egg mixure by the spoonful for each one.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 5 peppers
- sunflower oil (for frying)
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 curd cheese
- 1 cup lettuce leaves
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Beat eggs with water.
- Add chile pepper and chopped chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan and spread evenly over pan surface with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in pan and add small portions of egg mixture, spread into circle shape and fry as if pancakes.
- Tip: If using large eggs, recipe will make 4 egg circles. Set aside cooked egg circles.
- In the hot pan, fry bacon until crunchy and drain on paper towel.
- To serve, arrange eggs and bacon on plates with lettuce.
- Season with olive oil vinaigrette and balsamic vinegar.