- 6 bread
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces grated cheese (cheddar, swiss, pepper jack)
- onion (medium, minced)
- bell pepper (medium)
- 1 pound cooked meat (crumbled breakfast sausage, bacon<)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Egg casseroles are great and can be prepared ahead and frozen. Line a 13 x 9 pan with heavy foil and spray the foil with Pam.
- Place cubed bread in the bottom of the pan. Mix eggs and milk together in a separate bowl. Layer all other ingredients on top of bread and pour egg mixture on top of that. Freeze for later or put in refrigerator for minimum of 2 hours before cooking. Cook at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- If you make this ahead to freeze, take it out of the pan as soon as its hard frozen so your pan isn't tied up. If you double or quadruple the recipe, you don't add much to the prep time and you can probably cooked 2 at a time anyway.
- Sharp cheddar and Smithfield's ham sausage make a great combo.