Reinvent breakfast with this filling and healthy egg casserole that is high in protein and light on the stomach. Asparagus not only adds a beautiful color to the dish, but also a creamy texture and fresh flavor to play off the basil leaves and light…
pesto sauce. Layer your breakfast with salty, savory, zesty seasonings. Perfect for any morning or Sunday brunch.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Wash the green asparagus, cut the edges and remove 10 cm from the bottom of each stem.
- Place the asparagus tips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle a tablespoon of olive oil and some coarse salt on top.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Mince the stems with a knife.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet and saute the asparagus over high heat, stirring regularly. Add salt and then remove from heat.
- Add the basil, creme fraiche, and zest of half a lemon.
- Separate this mixture into two jars, ramekins, or casseroles. Stick 3 cooked asparagus tips in each of them so that they stick out of the top.
- Place the diced salmon on top of the asparagus mixture and gently break one egg on top of the salmon in each dish.
- Cook for at least 10 minutes, until the white has solidified.
- Toast the slices of bread and spread pesto on the warm toasts, then cut them into strips.
- Serve the casserole on a plate with the toasts and the asparagus tips.
|Calories370Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.