Easy, Breezy Honey-Chipotle Pork KabobsPork
- 1 pound New York pork chops (top loin, about 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 sweet potatoes (orange-fleshed, about 12 ounces, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 12 ounces small red potatoes (or white potatoes, about 1 inch in diameter, or halved if 2 inches in diameter)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 chipotles in adobo (canned, minced, or more to taste)
- 12 scallions (white and light green parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1Place sweet potatoes and red or white potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water by 1 inch, and season water with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are cooked but still firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, honey and chipotles. Divide mixture in half and set both batches aside.
- 3Thread pork, sweet potatoes, potatoes and scallions onto 8 12-inch skewers (pre-soaked in water if wood or bamboo). Prepare a grill to medium-hot heat and thoroughly oil the grate. Cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on each side, brushing with one batch of the sauce each time you turn, cooking until all 4 sides are browned, pork is cooked through, and the sauce is used up, about 10 minutes. Transfer skewers to a platter and set aside to rest 3 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle skewers with cheese and cilantro. Serve hot with the remaining batch of sauce on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.