Put a twist on traditional potatoes au gratin by using nutrient-dense sweet potatoes instead!
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/2 ounce grated parmesan cheese (freshly)
- 1 ounce grated Gruyere cheese (freshly)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray a 9” square casserole dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice uniformly about 1/8 thick. Arrange the slices in the pan in rows, slightly overlapping one another. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the sweet potatoes, to taste.
- Pour the heavy cream into a measuring cup. Add the thyme leaves and a dash of nutmeg. Whisk to combine. Pour the the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan and Gruyere cheeses in an even layer over the sweet potatoes.
- Transfer the baking dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the gratin for 40-45 minutes, until bubbling and browned on the top.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Allow the dish to cool for ten minutes before serving.