- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails cut)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (some will be reserved for pan frying)
- 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 sazon (a packet of)
- fresh cilantro
- Mexican crema (Fresh, or sour cream)
- shredded lettuce
- salsa (Fresh)
- shredded cheese (or crumbling cheese)
- 1. Place the thawed shrimp, lime juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Coat the shrimp well.
- 2. Add the fresh garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, cumin, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, ground black pepper, and Sazon (optional) to the bowl. Mix well. (Optional refrigerate for 1-2 hours)
- 3. Place the reserved olive oil in a pan on medium to medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, place the shrimp in batches to cook. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp.
- 4. Time to prepare your tacos! Heat up the tortillas so they are warm. Place a few shrimp on the tortillas and top with cilantro and some crema. If you want more American style, add shrimp, shredded lettuce and tomatoes and top with cheese! The toppings are endless. Pile on all the toppings to make it how you want.
|Calories400Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.