- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced, 1/4-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 cup celery (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped, 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped, 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 bay leaves (dried)
- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock (or broth, 64 ounces)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves (finely chopped)
|Calories390Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Schottelkorb 8 Jan 2018
Family loved this one. I cooked this in a smart pot that has the slow cook function so I couldn't figure out how to cook it on low. Chicken was a little over cooked (again because I think my pot only cooks on high when slow cook). Next time I think I will add about 4 more cups of broth as I like it a little runnier. Certainly a keeper for me though.
Ronald Sheweloff 7 Nov 2017
Excellend but added 2extra cups chicken stock
Stacy White 16 Mar 2017
I forgot the bay leaves, but it still turned out so good! The house smelled divine while cooking. Yum, yum, yum!
Julia C. 19 Feb 2017
Easy, Delicious, and comforting. Best of all, I froze it and then warmed up 2 weeks later and it was even better.
Rebecca H. 19 Nov 2016
I actually used this recipe on the stove and it was delicious! I will definitely use this recipe again.