- 4 lobster tails (small, 6-12 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (large, chopped)
- 2 cups spanish rice (or short grain rice, soaked in water for 15 minutes and then drained)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 pinches saffron threads (Spanish, soaked in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes (aloppo)
- 2 roma tomatoes (large, finely chopped)
- 6 ounces french green beans
- 1 pound prawns (or large shrimp or your choice, peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories680Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cindy Dodson 29 Aug
I will make this again. It was very good. I did make some adjustments because saffron is so expensive. I bought a boxed Spanish rice and then added the recipes ingredients, I sautéed onions and then added garlic to soften it. I precooked green beans. I added extra seasoning.
Sheela 31 Jul
Delicious! I didn’t use lobster though I used squid, scallops and shrimp
Dorothy 5 Jun
It was very good! Was surprised. I was always intimidated in making this.
Louis-Pascal Cyr 23 Apr
Very good, I used crab instead of lobster, since it was crab season
Ufy 27 Sep 2017
It was amazing. I fried the prawns and diced lobster on butter and mixed with salt and pepper. I used the sauce from that as well. Very yummy!!
Crabbmor 26 Sep 2017
Found the recipe a bit confusing at times, but spice combinations were spectacular works well when serving with grilled salmon fillets. Might make again…
Betsy Bowers 13 May 2017
Excellent!! Served at dinner party with rave reviews. Very easy to prepare; I used paella rice & substituted a quality seafood flavored base with shrimp, mussels & squid, omitting lobster ordeal. Leftovers were fantastic too!
Kelsey V. 11 Feb 2016
I followed the recipe exactly as far as cooking times and amount of water and...it was not good. The rice was mushy, yet crunchy? The green beans were overcooked. Flavors were only ok. We salvaged the expensive shrimp I used and tossed the rest out.
Juanita B. 12 Jan 2016
I have made this recipe twice now and neither time did I have a problem with the onions causing the rice to become 'mushy. I did add extra shrimp and substituted boneless chicken thighs for the lobster and it was FANTASTIC! And Jaime L...paella has many different ingredients depending on where that particular recipe came from.. While basically the same, Spanish paella has some different ingredients than Italian paella.
Jaime L. 12 Jan 2016
This is absolutely shameful. Onions make rice mushy, and you should never add them to a paella. The other ingredients are not found in a traditional paella either, but the onions just got me. Horrible, just horrible.