- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon pimento stuffed green olives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon raisins (chopped)
- 1 eggs (separated)
- 15 ounces refrigerated piecrusts (2 crusts)
- Crumble sausage in a medium skillet. Add onion, garlic powder, cumin and oregano; cook over medium-high heat till sausage is no longer pink. Drain and discard drippings. Stir in olives and raisins. Beat the egg yolk slightly; stir into sausage mixture, mixing well. Unfold crusts and cut into 3-inch rounds with biscuit cutter. Place about 2 teaspoons of sausage filling on half the cutouts. Top with remaining dough. Moisten fingers with water and pinch dough to seal edges. Slighly beat the egg white; gently brush over top of empanadas.
- Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 15-18 minutes, until browned. Serve hot.