Easy Roasted Pork TenderloinPork
A savory pork tenderloin dish with cauliflower and parsnips.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon summer savory (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 parsnips (medium, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1Make cauliflower-parsnip puree: Place cauliflower and parsnips in a medium sauce pan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender. Drain well. Transfer to a blender. Add salt, pepper, butter and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
- 2 Make the pork tenderloin: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place rack in the middle. Trim tenderloin of silver skin and fat. Pierce with a fork or blade tenderizer a few times.
- 3 In a bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, fresh thyme, savory seasoning and ground coriander. Rub them into the meat until evenly coated.
- 4 Heat 1 to 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in oven safe skillet (or cast iron skillet). Add tenderloin and cook until it is evenly browned on all sides (5-6 minutes).
- 5 Place in the oven and bake for 15 more minutes, flipping the meat once halfway through.
- 6 Bake until the pork's internal temperature reads between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium). Transfer to a cutting board and let it rest 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve alongside the cauliflower-parsnip puree.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.