Simple, flavorful bone-in pork chops roasted on a sheet pan with an array of colorful vegetables.
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed vegetables (choice, like broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, etc.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1” thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces. For vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower, cut into 1” florets. Slice carrots a ¼” thick. For zucchini and summer squash, slice ½” thick. Cut bell peppers or onions into 1” strips. Halve Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Arrange the vegetables on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, and black pepper, to taste. Stir with a rubber spatula to evenly coat the vegetables in the oil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the oven.
- Roast the vegetables for 18-20 minutes. While the vegetables roast, prepare the pork chops.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in 1 1/2 tsp. of olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, place two pork chops in the skillet. Sear the pork for 2-3 minutes, undisturbed, until browned on the bottom. Flip the chops, and sear for an additional 2 minutes on the other side. Transfer the pork chops to a dinner plate.
- Repeat the searing process with the remaining oil and pork chops.
- Once the vegetables have roasted for 18-20 minutes, open the oven door. Use a rubber spatula to push the vegetables towards the edges of the pan, creating space in the center to lay the pork chops. Transfer the pork chops to the center of the baking sheet.
- Roast the pork chops and vegetables for 6-8 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly charred and the meat reaches an internal temperature of 140° F.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Allow the pork chops to rest for 3 minutes.
- Plate the pork chops with the vegetables and serve immediately.