Easy Overnight Oats
Why settle for one flavor when you can enjoy two? Overnight oats are the answer for busy mornings, and with this recipe you get two servings each of Berry-Chia oats (with blueberries, strawberries, or a combination) and Nutty Coconut oats (with Medjool dates, shredded coconut, and chopped nuts). Make these simple and hearty oatmeal cups once to enjoy over several days. You can use your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk, swirl in yogurt for additional flavor and creaminess, and top however you like. Feel free to customize them further with mix-ins like nut butter, spices like cinnamon or cardamom, and fruit such as bananas or chopped apples. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Annalise Sandberg.
- Gather 4 jars or containers with lids (1 1/2- to 2-cup capacity). To each add 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk, 1 Tbsp. honey, 1/4 tsp. vanilla, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Then add 2 Tbsp. yogurt to each jar if you like. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- To make Berry-Chia oats, add half of the chia seeds to each of 2 jars and stir them into the oats. Divide the fresh berries between the jars and stir them in or leave on top.
- To make Nutty Coconut oats, divide chopped dates, coconut, and pecans between the remaining 2 jars. Stir them into the oats or leave on top.
- Cover jars with lids and chill at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories420Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.