- 1 package white cake mix (2-layer size)
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract (McCormick® Pure, divided)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 16 ounces sugar (confectioners’)
- 10 drops yellow food color (McCormick®)
- 18 large marshmallows
- decorating sugar
- jelly beans
- sprinkles (Green)
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding 1 tablespoon of the lemon extract. Spoon into 18 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake as directed for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- For the Frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in food color until evenly tinted. Frost cooled cupcakes.
- To decorate cupcakes, cut each marshmallow crosswise into 5 slices. Sprinkle 1 side of each marshmallow slice with decorating sugar. Arrange 5 marshmallow petals on top of each cupcake to resemble a daisy, pressing the marshmallows into the frosting. Place jelly beans in the center of the petals. Garnish with sprinkles.