- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups luke warm water (95 - 100°F)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (prepared)
- 580 grams roma tomatoes (sliced ¼ inch thick)
- Mix sugar, yeast and water in small bowl. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture starts to lightly foam.
- Add flour and salt to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and Dough Hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and mix about 1 minute. Stop mixer and add yeast mixture and ½ cup olive oil. Turn to Speed 4 and knead about 10 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Add remaining ¼ cup oil to medium bowl. Transfer dough to oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat convection oven to 400°F(or 425°F for standard oven).Punch down dough, then press evenly in 12 x 18-inch rimmed baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place about 15 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Press dough to evenly cover bottom of baking sheet. Top evenly with pesto and tomato slices. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.