Easy Herb-Rubbed Turkey Breast with Quick Pan GravyYUMMLY
Looking for a holiday turkey recipe without the hassle of cooking a whole bird? Well, you’ve found it. This bone-in turkey breast is rubbed with a fresh sage and rosemary butter that contributes to flavor, moisture, and gorgeous browning. Even better, the recipe (including the rich-tasting pan gravy) is ready in under 3 hours, so there’s no hovering around waiting for precious oven space to open up so you can make the rest of the holiday meal. The recipe was designed especially for the Yummly Smart Thermometer, which makes it easy to track the turkey’s temperature, but if you don’t have one, you can check the temperature with an instant-read. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (7 to 8 pounds; buy a full breast with skin that includes both sides of the breast)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (plus lemon slices for serving)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage (plus fresh sage leaves for serving)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves (plus fresh rosemary sprigs for serving)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1 stalk celery (cut into large pieces)
- 1 onion (cut into large pieces)
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into large pieces)
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (divided)
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (or 4 tablespoons if you like a thicker gravy)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a V-shaped rack in a roasting pan and coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat turkey breast dry with paper towels. Run your hands between the skin and the flesh of the turkey to loosen the membrane. (This will make it easier to season with the butter.) Place turkey on rack in roasting pan.
- Stir together butter, garlic, lemon zest, sage, and rosemary in a small bowl. Rub herb butter under the skin and over the top of the turkey. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Scatter celery, onion, and carrot under turkey in the pan.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories190Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes