- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (natural)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (canola oil, would also be fine)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten, preferably room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water (or hot coffee or 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved into 1 cup hot water)
- 1 cup salted butter (softened to room temperature, 2 sticks)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons milk
Elise Amos 6 days ago
This was a great recipe! It was easy to make and tasted great!
Mónica 6 days ago
I did the recipe exactly like the directions. They were really great! Moist and sweet and the chocolate flavor very good.
Dansereau 14 days ago
Delicious and everyone took them in a second !I loved these cupcakes.
Anne S. 23 Nov 2018
Excellent recipes! Delicious and fluffy cupcake with a smooth chocolate frosting. Very good!
Karen LeBeau 22 Nov 2018
Very good! The cupcakes came out super moist and the frosting was delicious. I was skeptical because the batter was so thin, but it came out perfect.