Easy Chicken in the PotO Meu Tempero
One pot meals such as this one solve the problem of what to have for dinner on a busy weeknight. Here's a stew that will keep you warm when the temperature drops. The secret to its Provencal flavors is the paste that's made by pureeing onion, garlic, chives, tomato, and red and green bell peppers, and which is then sauted with the chicken and just enough water to create a sauce.
- 1/2 chicken
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 1/2 cup garlic (french, sliced)
- 1 tomatoes
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1/4 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 pepper
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1Cut the chicken in pieces.
- 2Place the onion, garlic, cilantro, chives, French garlic, tomato, and peppers in the food processor and grind finely.
- 3Place the previous mixture in a pan with olive oil, saute a little.
- 4Add the chicken in pieces, season with salt and pepper, add the tomato paste and water.
- 5Cook on medium heat with the lid slightly uncovered. Accompany with Basmati rice, tomato salad, and small onions in vinegar.