- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch chunks)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (coarsely)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (minced mixed, such as rosemary, thyme, savory, sage, or parsley)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery (trimmed and cut into ½-inch slices)
- 2 medium carrots (trimmed, peeled and cut into ½-inch slices)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Set heated bowl to 195 °F and preheat.
- Liberally season chicken chunks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to oil and brown on all sides, about 6 to 7 minutes. Note: chicken does not need to cook through. Add onion and garlic and continue to cook until onion has softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and herb mixture. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and place mixture in the KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl.
- Add chicken stock, cover and slow-cook for 30 minutes. Add celery, carrots and potatoes and stir well. Cover and cook for and additional 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Increase heat to 220 °F. Add peas and cook 5 minutes. Combine flour and water in a small bowl and gradually stir into chicken and vegetables to thicken.
- Serve immediately or reduce bowl heat to 165°F and keep warm in bowl.