- 1 butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 green apple (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons garlic (diced)
- 8 ounces shredded carrots (I bought preshredded from the store to save time)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
PER SERVING *
|Calories160Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mary Claire Meehan 15 Apr
Loved it! We did not include the red pepper flakes, and it turned out plenty tangy. Great and easy recipe.
T R 2 Jan
Good soup. Love how the red pepper flakes give it some kick! Prep time is longer than 15 minutes, a lot longer.
Terrie L. 1 Jan
Wonderful It was Yummly
Bonnie Tarlton 14 Sep 2017
Made it to put in the freezer. Easy was the key word! Will rate after we try it.
Elizabeth W. 8 Mar 2016
I used frozen butternut squash to save time and liked the final texture and creaminess of the soup but wasn't thrilled with the flavor or lack there of.
Kayte R. 31 Jan 2016
I really enjoyed this recipe. I halved the recipe to fit in my small crock pot and it turned out really well. The green apple gave it a wonderfully balanced flavor. I added the full amount of red pepper flakes as I like a kick. I look forward to making this again. I didn't fully liquify the soup which was my only complaint as I had bits of carrots which didn't go well with the rest of the soup. So make sure you fully blend the soup before cleaning your blender.