- 12 ounces bacon (I prefer center cut. You can also combine sausage and bacon if you want.)
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (Don't use non fat milk for this. Whole or low fat is recommended.)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups cubed bread (1 inch cubes, I recommend a baguette for this -- the bread is nice and sturdy)
- 3 cups grated cheddar (jack or pepper jack would be good as well)
|Calories500Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Magda 13 Oct 2017
The timing was off and I didn’t cook properly but what was cooked tasted very good
Juanita 1 Oct 2017
Everyone really loved it! I used sausage instead of bacon and added 2 more eggs. I will make it again!
Cave 25 Aug 2017
WONDERFUL MY FAMILY LOVED IT THEY ASKED FOR MORE
Heidi G 19 May 2017
I made this yesterday. One of my favorite breakfast recipes! I added more bacon because . . . BACON!!! The leftovers are great too -- makes it easy to haul breakfast to work/school.
Alyssa 19 May 2017
This is so yummy! I love to add hot sauce to everything, especially eggs at breakfast! I think it gives it just a perfect kick. If you don't like spicy then you'll still love it just as is.
Bridget L 19 May 2017
I love this. Super easy to make and I love that I generally have all the ingredients onhand. I see a review stating there wasn't much flavor and it was mushy? Hmmm odd. It works wonderfuly for me! Every time!
Sarah Wilson 26 Mar 2016
I made this version for the first time today. I won't make this as it's written again. Not much flavour and even baking it an extra 15 minutes more than the recipe called for still left it soggy and mushy in the middle. Outside edges were okay though. My husband thinks it would be better if we fried up the leftovers so we'll try it tomorrow morning.