Easy Birthday CakeO Meu Tempero
It may seem like an oxymoron, but there is such a thing as an "easy birthday cake," and this recipe is proof positive of that idea. It earns that moniker by being mixed together with an electric mixer following the basic technique: Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, and then adding the dry ingredients while beating until combined. Only here the recipe calls for raising the mixer speed to high and beating for a full minute. Bake, split, and fill with whipped cream topping.
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 125 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 grams baking chocolate
- 1 handful strawberries (fresh)
- topping mix (Whipped)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Stir butter in pieces with sugar until mixture is creamy.
- 3Add eggs one by one and mix until smooth.
- 4Add sifted flour and baking powder and stir until well-mixed.
- 5Set electric mixer to maximum speed and mix for about 1 minute.
- 6Pour batter into a greased and floured round cake.
- 7Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes.
- 8Let cool.
- 9For the filling and topping, cut cake in half lengthwise.
- 10Garnish with whipped cream and cover with the other half of cake.
- 11For the topping, spread cake with whipped cream and top with fresh strawberries.
- 12For the chocolate drizzle, break baking chocolate into small pieces and place inside a plastic bag.
- 13Place bag inside a bowl full of very hot water, so chocolate melts inside the bag.
- 14With scissors, cut the tip of the bag and pipe decorative swirls on top of parchment paper, as desired.
- 15Refrigerate briefly so that chocolate sets.
- 16Remove chocolate from fridge, so that white spots do not develop.
- 17Decorate cake with chocolate swirls.