- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (Sambal)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 yellow bell pepper (or large red, finely chopped)
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Toss chicken with Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and cornstarch to large resealable plastic; shake to coat. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked and golden, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook red pepper and onion in same skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic and chili paste and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in sugar until dissolved, about 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar.
- Return chicken, then stir in salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in green onions.