Wonderful Friday evening to you all ☺ I hope you have and a good week and now finally the weekend is here ☺ Grilled mackerel is one of our Friday staples here at hope. When we tried to find a good source of Omega 3 this recipe is fresh, tasty and also very nicely priced. I recommend to go for the fattier and larger pieces since they give you more Omega 3 and also we tend to like the taste much much more. You will need:
- 1 mackerel (per person)
- sea salt
- white pepper
- garlic (Fresh)
- Pre heat you oven for 225 C. Clean your fish from he outside and so the flesh is nice and clean from the inside with no dark places.
- Putt on your oven rack and generously season with salt inside and on the skin (not if you are on a salt restricted diet or try to lower your blood pressure) since that gives a very nice taste. Follow with white pepper and then stuff your fish with slices of lemon (first squeeze also the juice inside the fish) and put in pieces of garlic cloves (I use one clove what I chop in 4 pieces per fish).
- Put in the oven and after 15 minutes turn to the other side. In additional 10 minutes you fish will be ready.
- You can season with additional lemon, salt or olive oil.
- That’s it. So easy, so yummy and so good for your health ☺ This is enough Omega 3 for a whole week.
|Calories80Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.