Easter is a wonderful time to enjoy delicious food with the family while the kids search the garden for eggs. This Easter Chocolate Cake, a Recipe from Patrick Roger is the perfect palate pleasing dessert to share while drinking coffee and talking. It takes 75 minutes to make this cake that has eight servings. This recipe combines decadent chocolate with nuts, sweet and tangy oranges and adds a little punch with orange liqueur.
- 5 egg whites
- 210 grams caster sugar
- 10 eggs (young)
- 100 grams flour
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 80 grams hazelnuts
- 100 grams water
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 orange (organic)
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 300 grams cream
- 40 grams honey
- 40 grams butter
- 300 grams chocolate
- Prepare by boiling syrup all ingredients for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, they begin to foam, add the powdered sugar .Ajoutez yellow continuing to beat the mixture.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Sift the flour and cocoa.
- Crush the nuts with a knife. Add hazelnuts white, then the flour and cocoa and warm melted butter in net. Mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a mold bake 30 minutes at 160 ° C.
- Let the cake cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack. Let cool and cut into 3 disks of the same thickness .Imbibez cake (3 slices) with syrup using a brush.
- Boil the cream with honey. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Add the cream, "both in the melted chocolate. Stir with a spatula for a ganache glaze. Add butter cut into pieces .Laissez the ganache to cool and become a little more compact before covering 2 slices of cake.
- Post a first installment on a rack, cover the ganache, place a second slice, cover with ganache and then drop the last cake thickness and cover completely with ganache. I use a small spatula to put the ganache on the sides of the cake .I put my grid on a plastic tray or parchment paper to recover the excess ganache frosting runny.
- Allow the cake to harden for 30 minutes and then store in the fridge for one night.
- For a matter of organization when my ganache cake was well cured, I packed a plastic film and I frozen four days .It is quite handy to know that the dessert is already done and that 'There is more to thaw for 4 hours.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.