Wow! This recipe will blow your mind. It is insanely delicious and super easy to make. Try these Easter Bread with Cheese for your family dinner tonight. We know you will love this recipe and so will your guests. Let us know what you think about this Easter Bread with Cheese recipe by commenting below. You can also give this Easter Bread with Cheese recipe a star rating. We hope you love this Easter Bread with Cheese recipe as much as we do!
- 5 eggs
- 300 grams flour (+ 200 grams strong flour)
- 100 milliliters water
- 30 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 grams lard (no substitutions)
- 250 grams grating cheese (mixed)
- Dissolve the yeast with the sugar in the warm water and let it proof in a plastic cup, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the yeast to some flour and stir into a thick batter, let this rest, covered with flour for 40 to 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and add the salt, black pepper, grated cheeses, and the oil and incorporate.
- Once the thick batter has begun to crack, begin adding the egg mixture by hand and knead with the flour.
- Knead well and add the soft lard.
- Knead thoroughly for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let the dough rest, covered, at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Place the dough in a deep, narrow, flared cake pan which has been well greased, and let the dough rest in a warm area until it reaches the top of the pan.
- Bake at 200C for the first 20 minutes with a pan full of water for the steam.
- Place the cake pan in the oven as soon as it is turned on so that it does not form a crust and so it will rise better.
- Bake for approximately one hour, after 45 minutes use a toothpick to check for doneness, the toothpick should come out clean.
- The bread should be eaten 3 or 4 days after it is prepared for the flavors to be most enhanced.
PER SERVING *
|Calories910Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.