Easter is a time to spend with family, catching up with relatives, watching the kids look for Easter eggs, and enjoying wonderful, homemade foods and sweets. These Easter Almond and Sugar Paste Sables are a perfect sweet treat to bring to a family gathering. These cookies combine bitter almonds with ground almonds and sugar paste for a rich and buttery treat that is also salty and has a wonderful texture. We hope you and your family enjoy these as much as we do.
- 125 grams softened butter
- 125 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon bitter almonds
- 250 grams flour
- 30 grams almond meal
- sugar paste (purchased in a specialty store)
- In a bowl, beat softened butter with sugar to a pale cream.
- Add egg, and mix until smooth.
- Add bitter almonds, and mix.
- Stir in flour and almond meal, knead by hand to form a big ball of dough.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 356F.
- Roll out the dough, then cut out small cookies with a cookie cutter. Arrange on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, decorate with sugar paste and various decorating pearls.