Easter Almond Nest with Orange Mascarpone Ice CreamOn dine chez Nanou
Easter is a day filled with family, fun, and food. This recipe for Easter Almond Nest with Orange Mascarpone Ice Cream is a decadent and creamy dessert that is perfect for a small family gathering. Everyone will love the decorated dreamy dessert. And the mascarpone ice cream is heavenly and rich. If you bring out these decadent desserts after a hearty Easter meal, everyone will praise your culinary skills. Enjoy!
- 70 grams ground almonds
- 70 grams powdered sugar
- 20 grams milk
- 15 grams flour
- 70 grams egg whites
- 35 grams sugar
- 40 grams sliced almonds
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 300 milliliters milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade (or raspberry jam)
- 24 chocolate easter eggs (mini)
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Mix the ground almonds, powdered sugar, milk, and flour together in a bowl.
- 3Whisk the egg whites with 35 grams of sugar to stiff peaks.
- 4Gently fold the dry mixture into the whisked egg whites.
- 5Sprinkle almond flakes in the bottom of 8 flexible molds and distribute the batter between the molds.
- 6Bake for 12 minutes.
- 7Let cool before unmolding.
- 8In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar until pale.
- 9Heat the milk and the mascarpone in a saucepan with the vanilla extract.
- 10Add a small portion of the heated milk to the egg yolks and stir quickly.
- 11Pour the egg yolk mixture into the pan with the remaining milk.
- 12Cook over low heat, while stirring, until the mixture thickens.
- 13It will take about 10 minutes for the liquid to thicken and to coat the spoon (consistency slightly thicker than custard).
- 14The mixture must not boil or you risk cooking the yolks. If you have pieces of egg, strain the mixture.
- 15Pour the cream into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, make sure the plastic is touching the surface of the cream so a skin does not form.
- 16Refrigerate the cream for at least 1 hour.
- 17When the mixture is cold, churn according to the instructions for your ice cream machine.
- 18When thickened, add orange marmalade and stir well. Freeze until ready to serve.
- 19Cut 3 mini Easter eggs per nest in small pieces
- 20Arrange the pieces in each nest.
- 21To serve, top of each nest with a scoop of ice cream.