- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh ginger (1/2-inch [1cm] knob, peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (coarsely)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño (pickled, slices)
- 15 ounces black beans (] can, or 1 1/2 cups, 250g cooked black beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (coarsely)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (chipotle)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (or chia seed)
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs (or flour, gluten-free if necessary)
|Calories170Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Audra 6 months ago
Great Recipe! I've searched through many black bean burger recipes, but something about this one really appealed to me. I made recipe tonight and they were good. Next time I will only add one tablespoon on bread crumbs (3 TBS made it a little dry).
Rachita Arora 8 months ago
Brushing the party with Sriracha makes this even more delicious
Brittany patterson 9 months ago
GREAT texture - The flavor is lacking... I will add more spices next time. Overall, a great recipe and it’s vegan! 🙌
Catherine Elliot 10 months ago
Awesome!! Folllowed recipie. Nice kick to them.
Luke T. Phillips 10 months ago
Great flavor! I need to redo with a higher grill temp, because they all went to mush. Seems like a crispy outside and me not being in such a rush will help with that. On the other hand, pan frying them means they can probably be on the table in 15-20 min. Excellent recipe.
Kaela a year ago
These are absolutely amazing! These were the first black bean burgers I’ve ever had and they blew me away! They surpassed all expectation I had for them - they are so full of flavor! My boyfriend who has had black bean burgers before said that they were significantly better than store bought versions and are the best he has ever had. They were very quick and easy to make too! I will absolutely be making these again and recommending them to all my friends
Owen White a year ago
Filling and satisfying. We baked them in the oven and ended up with three average patties and four smaller ones. I'll be returning to make these again and are great easy meals of you have the ingredients on hand. Happy Cooking
Ian LaMar a year ago
Terrific! I didn’t have cilantro which would add much to the dish!