If you want to surprise your family with a decadent dish Sunday morning, then why not try this Dutch Pancake Strawberries and Cream recipe. It combines the sweet and savory flavors of strawberries and heavy whipping cream. Don’t forget to sprinkle some powdered sugar over top of these sweet treats to make them even better. This is the perfect way to brighten your loved ones’ day by surprising them with a delicious breakfast.
- 250 grams heavy whipping cream
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11 grams baking powder
- 350 milliliters milk
- 250 grams flour
- 7.5 grams vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
- 150 grams strawberries
- Put the bowl and the whisk of the mixer in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Pour the heavy cream into the cold bowl and whip it.
- Once it starts to grow in size, add the granulated sugar and the vanilla extract. Stop whipping when the cream holds well between the branches of your whip and stiff peaks form.
- Then, fill up a pastry bag with the whipped cream.
- Keep it in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the panchakes, mix the baking powder with 1 tablespoon of warm milk and let the mixture stand for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with a pinch of salt and dig a well in the center to pour the baking powder and milk mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add two thirds of the milk gradually while mixing continuously.
- Stir in the vanilla sugar and the previously beaten egg.
- Add the remaining milk and stir, you should have a smooth batter without lumps.
- Let the batter stand for about an hour.
- Once rested, in a hot and lightly oiled frying pan, pour batter into the pan.
- When you see the edges of the dough are lightly browned, flip and cook again for a short time.
- Once it is ready to serve, place the pancake on a plate and sprinkle it with the powdered sugar.
- Clean some strawberries and cut them in two or three. Place them on the pancake along with the whipped cream.