Dutch Apple TartLa Cocina de Babel
Drawing inspiration from the Dutch, this apple tart is full of fall flavor. The filling for this tart features green apples, golden raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla pudding mix for a rich and sweet filling full of flavor. This recipe includes instructions for making your own crust. Covered with a criss-cross design for an attractive finish, this tart requires 45 minutes in the oven. Baste with melted apricot marmalade after baking for a sweet and shiny finish.
- 300 grams flour
- 125 grams superfine sugar
- 200 grams butter (cold, cubed)
- 1 egg yolks (beaten)
- 100 grams golden raisins
- 150 milliliters orange juice
- 1 kilogram granny smith apples (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons marmalade (apricot, optional)
- 1Place the flour, sugar, a pinch of salt, and the butter in a large bowl. Pick up handfuls of the mixture and rub it with your fingertips until it takes on a sand-like texture.
- 2Mix in the egg yolk and knead until it forms a dough ball.
- 3Line a 20-centimeter springform pan with parchment paper.
- 4Roll out 2/3 of the dough into a circle of ½ centimeter thickness and carefully transfer into the pan. Try to make sure the crust comes about 3 centimeters up the sides and cut off any excess.
- 5Refrigerate the excess dough.
- 6Put the golden raisins and orange juice into a heavy-bottomed pan and simmer them on medium heat until the juice has evaporated. Set aside.
- 7In another bowl, mix the apples with the cinnamon, pudding mix, and sugar. Stir everything together well.
- 8Pour the filling over the crust.
- 9Take out the refrigerated excess dough, roll it out, and cut out strips of 1 centimeter width. Criss-cross those strips on top of the filling, making sure they reach the edges where you can pinch them onto the bottom crust.
- 10Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- 11Bake for 45 minutes or until golden. When removed, you have the option of basting the top with apricot marmalade melted over low heat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1060Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.