Drawing inspiration from the Dutch, this apple tart is full of fall flavor. The filling for this tart features green apples, golden raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla pudding mix for a rich and sweet filling full of flavor. This recipe includes instructions for making your own crust. Covered with a criss-cross design for an attractive finish, this tart requires 45 minutes in the oven. Baste with melted apricot marmalade after baking for a sweet and shiny finish.
- 300 grams flour
- 125 grams superfine sugar
- 200 grams butter (cold, cubed)
- 1 egg yolks (beaten)
- 100 grams golden raisins
- 150 milliliters orange juice
- 1 kilogram granny smith apples (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons marmalade (apricot, optional)
- Place the flour, sugar, a pinch of salt, and the butter in a large bowl. Pick up handfuls of the mixture and rub it with your fingertips until it takes on a sand-like texture.
- Mix in the egg yolk and knead until it forms a dough ball.
- Line a 20-centimeter springform pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out 2/3 of the dough into a circle of ½ centimeter thickness and carefully transfer into the pan. Try to make sure the crust comes about 3 centimeters up the sides and cut off any excess.
- Refrigerate the excess dough.
- Put the golden raisins and orange juice into a heavy-bottomed pan and simmer them on medium heat until the juice has evaporated. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the apples with the cinnamon, pudding mix, and sugar. Stir everything together well.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Take out the refrigerated excess dough, roll it out, and cut out strips of 1 centimeter width. Criss-cross those strips on top of the filling, making sure they reach the edges where you can pinch them onto the bottom crust.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden. When removed, you have the option of basting the top with apricot marmalade melted over low heat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1060Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.