Dulce de Leche Ice Cream and CookiesAnanás e Hortelã
Cookies and cream never tasted so good, or grown up: Dulce de leche is beaten with milk and cream for the ice cream base and, before it is finished churning in the ice cream machine, store-bought (or homemade, if you so desire) chocolate cookies that have been broken or crushed into small pieces are added and mixed to evenly distribute them. In case you can't find dulce de leche in your local supermarket or Latin American grocer, you can se sweetened condensed milk instead.
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chocolate cookie (broken into pieces)
- 1Mix the Dulce de Leche with the milk and cream. Beat well until smooth. Refrigerate
- 2When the mixture is cold, put it in the ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- 3Before turning off, add the cookies in small pieces, and mix well.
- 4Put in a container and freeze few hours.
- 5Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- 6If you do not own an ice cream maker, mix all the ingredients and place mixture in the freezer, stirring with a fork every hour to break the ice crystals.
- 7Maria chocolate biscuits are recommended. Instead of Dulce de Leche, you can use boiled condensed milk.