A new side dish you haven’t served your family yet. In under 40 minutes you have a simple dish that is going to wow the crowd! Bitter endives, spicy garlic cloves and onions are blended together with sweet and salty balsamic vinegar. Small amounts of sugar provide sweetness to the dish while salt and pepper are the final touches of seasoning. Toss thoroughly so the salt and sugar crystals don’t clump together but rather dissolve into the vinegar and are evenly distributed for a delicious sauce.
- 2 endive
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and halved)
- 1 onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- stock (50 cl.)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a little olive in a frying pan, add the garlic and endives.
- When the endives are lightly browned, add the onion slices and saute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and sweetener.
- Deglaze, then add the stock.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When the endives are cooked, the blade of a knife penetrates them easily, they are done. Serve warm.