If you have been searching for the perfect recipe that uses duck breasts, then you have finally found it. The search is over. This recipe for Duck a l’Orange is sweet, savory and decadent. The duck breasts are flavorful and rich paired with a sweet and savory sauce. This dish does not take too long to make, and will take even less time to devour. Serve it over your favorite rice for a hearty meal that everyone will love. Happy cooking!
- 2 duck breasts
- orange juice (40 cl. freshly-squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Score the skin side of the duck breasts. Place them on a hot skillet, skin side down, and brown over medium heat for 8 minutes. Turn them over, quickly sear the other side, and then remove them from the heat. Put them in a baking dish and leave them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce the orange juice in a saucepan until there is only 1/4 of the original amount left. Add the butter and then the soy sauce. Set aside.
- When the duck is cooked, remove it from the oven and cover with foil for 3 minutes.
- Slice the duck. Collect the juices and add them to the sauce. Serve with rice.