Duck RisottoO Meu Tempero
This dish features duck, which is submerged in water and simmered to cook through so that the meat can be shredded from the bone and the innards chopped to use as well. It's then combined with cooked rice (using the same pan as the duck) and diced chorizo in a baking pan, sprinkled with olives and more chorizo, and then baked until the sausage is crisp and everything is heated through.
- 1/2 duck (large, with innards, liver, gizzard, neck, heart)
- 1 cup steamed rice
- 1 chorizo sausage (diced)
- black olives (to taste)
- coarse salt (to taste)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 2Cook the duck in a big pan and cover with water until fully submerged. Once cooked, remove, let cool, and chop the innards.
- 3Place the pan with the water the duck cooked in and bring to the boil.
- 4Place the steamed rice and a part of the chorizo sausage cut into small cubes. Season with salt.
- 5Add all the duck and verify whether the rice is cooked.
- 6Place on a platter and sprinkle with slices of chorizo and olives. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the chorizo is crispy.