We love one pan dishes that combine flavorful ingredients into one dish. This recipe for Duck Rice is no exception. Featuring sauteed shredded duck and lightly fried rice, this dish is bursting with the flavors of garlic, onion, and bay leaf. After cooking, the duck and rice mixture is poured into a casserole dish and topped with slices of pork sausage for an added savory bonus, then baked until crisp. Serve with a side salad.
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ground black pepper
- 1 duck (previously cooked and shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- white wine (to taste)
- 3 cups broth (duck, strained cooking water)
- pork sausage (Alentejo, sliced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- olive oil (to taste)
- In a large pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add rice and cloves. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Fry a little, add a swig of white wine, and shredded meat. As soon as the wine is absorbed, add 3 cups of duck broth, stirring well.
- Check the salt, bring to boil, and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes without stirring or uncovering the pan.
- Remove from heat, and let rest for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the rice in the serving dish, spreading evenly.
- Place the Alentejo pork sausage slices on top, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a salad of your choice.
|Calories1080Calories from Fat810|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat810|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.