- 1 duck
- 3 cups duck broth
- 1 slice bacon (1 1/2 cm. thick)
- 1 beef sausage
- 350 grams long grain rice (extra fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook duck in a pressure cooker, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- After contents boil, reduce heat and cook for about 15 additional minutes.
- If duck is not well-done, return to pressure cooker for a few more minutes.
- Shred and cut the giblets - liver, heart and gizzard - into cubes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Strain 3 cups duck broth into a saucepan and heat over high heat.
- Add bacon, 1/2 of sausage, rice and duck.
- Season with salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Place rice in an ovenproof casserole dish and decoratively top with remaining sliced sausage.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- For crispier rice, bake for a few additional minutes.