Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Duck Confit Croquettes with Mushrooms is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 1 duck confit
- 15 grams dried mushrooms
- 50 grams foie
- 1/2 onion
- 40 grams butter
- 50 grams flour
- 400 milliliters milk
- mild olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cut the dried mushrooms into small pieces and place in warm water to hydrate for at least half an hour.
- Bake confit for 15 minutes until it is lightly browned and has shed the fat that covers it. Discarding the skin, dice into tiny pieces.
- Finely dice the onion and cook on low heat in butter. Add the confit and mix in the flour. Stir well to toast and lose the raw taste. Immediately add the mushrooms including the water used to hydrate them. Stir and slowly add milk until a thick paste is formed. Add the foie and stir. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Let cool in a shallow pan for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Shape the croquettes and dip them in flour, then in egg, and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in an abundant amount of well-heated olive oil.