Duck Breast with Raspberry CoulisLolibox
Here is perfectly refined French inspired dinner that is sure to impress. Duck breast naturally gamy flavor and tough texture is manipulated through the sweet and tart raspberry coulis. Veal stock provides a deep earthy flavor, equally balancing savory and sweet tones. Lightly salting the duck, breaks down the tough breast and allows the juicy syrup to infuse into the meat. Fresh cracked pepper gives a spicy after kick to each bite. Delectable to the last drop.
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 jar raspberry coulis
- veal stock (5 cl.)
- 2 shallots
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Score the duck skin and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat a nonstick pan and place the duck breasts skin side down in the pan.
- 4Sear for 1 to 2 minutes, then turn over and cook for 5 more minutes to release the fat.
- 5Set the duck breasts aside in a dish with the skin side up.
- 6Keep the pan with the juices, remove the fat and fry the shallots until they are translucent.
- 7Then deglaze with the raspberry coulis.
- 8Use the juice as a base for your sauce.
- 9Add the veal stock and dilute well.
- 10Add the duck breasts back to the pan and bake the duck breasts for 8 to 12 minutes.