Dubu Kimchi 두부 김치 (Tofu w Sauted Kimchi)FOODISTA
- 2 cups kimchi (roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup pork (thinly sliced, or bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 block firm tofu (cut into 2-inch squares)
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- green onion (strips, garnish)
- 1.Cut the tofu block into squares (see pics above) and pat dry with paper towels, removing excess liquid. Coat a non-stick frying pan or skillet with generous amount of oil and cook the tofu pieces until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside on paper-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- 2.In the same pan or skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and saute the pork pieces on medium-high heat until almost cooked through. Pink coloration should not be visible, as pork should always be cooked thoroughly.
- 3.Add kimchi and remaining ingredients to the sauteed pork and fry for about 7, 8 minutes. If sauce has evaporated, adding water is optional to thicken.
- 4.Plate the tofu pieces on the outside edge of the serving dish, while topping the sauteed kimchi and pork in the middle. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion strips. Enjoy!
|Calories300Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.