Simple and delicious, these chops can be made for dinner alfresco with friends. Serve with Grilled Antipasto Salad and seasonal fresh fruits and cheese.
- 6 boneless pork chops (1 1/2-inches thick)
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (for grilling)
- Combine red wine, bay leaves, rosemary, coriander, nutmeg, and cloves in a glass dish. Place chops in marinade mixture. Marinate overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Drain chops and pat dry, discard used marinade. Season with salt and pepper and lightly brush with olive oil. Grill the chops over medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.