- 2 packages refrigerated piecrusts (4 crusts)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons gelatin (unflavored)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon coffee granules (instant)
- 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids, chopped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease twenty four 1 1/2-inch fluted mini brioche pans
- Lightly roll out pie crusts on floured surface. Using a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds from pie crusts. Press pastry rounds into pans; prick bottoms with a fork. Bake for 10 mins, or until pastry is golden; cool.
- Place brandy in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine. Place in a small saucepan of simmering water; stir until gelatine has dissolved. Cool for 5 mins.
- Place milk and coffee in a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Stir until coffee has dissolved and mixture comes almost to a boil.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water). Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until mixture is light and frothy. Gradually beat in hot coffee mixture. Return mixture to pan; stir on low heat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon (do not boil). Remove pan from heat. Whisk in gelatine mixture, then chocolate. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold cream into chocolate mixture. Fill crusts with mousse. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top each tartlet with a raspberry and dust with sifted cocoa.
PER SERVING *
|Calories70Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.