- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 150 grams cocoa powder
- 250 milliliters milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon port wine (white)
- 200 grams grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- For the cake, in a bowl, beat butter with the sugar until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Gradually add flour to the butter mixture, alternating with egg whites.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust parchment paper with flour.
- Pour batter onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Tip: Depending on the oven and altitude, cooking times may vary.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool slightly before removing from pan.
- For the icing, in a saucepan, mix all the ingredients except coconut and beat until well combined.
- Heat mixture and bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Cut cake into squares.
- Place coconut in a shallow dish and place the saucepan with the warm chocolate mix beside it.
- With a fork, prick a square of cake, pass it through the chocolate and then through the coconut.
- Arrange cake squares on a tray, in layers, or on a round plate, forming a pyramid.