Drunken Apple CakeLolibox
Baking a homemade delicious cake is a traditional way to tell someone you care. This recipe for Drunken Apple Cake is packed with decadent flavors and satisfies the sweet tooth. The Gala apples are perfect for this palate pleasing creative confection. The batter bakes up moist and rich. The hardest part of the quick and easy cake, is taking in all the mouthwatering aromas as you let it bake. Enjoy!
- 5 gala apples
- 70 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams sugar
- 20 grams melted butter
- milk (10 cl.)
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit).
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture lightens and becomes frothy. Add the melted butter and milk then whisk again. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixture while continuing to beat.
- 4Peel and core the apples. Cut into halves or quarters and then slice thinly. Gradually add them to the other ingredients and stir until the apples are covered with batter (this prevents the slices from oxidizing). Pour the batter into a baking pan and smooth the surface. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- 5Remove from the oven once a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before unmolding.