Dried Tomatoes in OilLA COCINA DE BABEL
You will never have to buy seasoned dried tomatoes again with this recipe for do-it-yourself dried tomatoes. The oil keeps these tomatoes perfectly moist and allows for the herbs to pervade the tomatoes. The herb blend features garlic, whole chillies, and your favorite herbs. You can also elect to use bay leaves in your herb combination. After being sealed, the tomatoes will last for up to 3 to 4 months on the shelf. Serve with your favorite pasta for an added herby burst of flavor.
- 500 grams dried tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 1 bunch basil (chopped)
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- fresh oregano
- Scald the tomatoes in a liter of water with 250 milliliters of vinegar for 3 to 4 minutes or enough time for them to soften.
- Drain well and leave to cool.
- In a glass jar, place the tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and whole chilies. (YOu may substitute the herbs with bay leaves)
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes